Magnetic stirrer bars

ethany said:
What size stirrer bars fit the taylor 2006 kit tube/cylinder?
I would recommend getting a stand alone Taylor cylinder such as the ones included in the TF100 rather than the integrated cylinder/pH comparator found in the taylor K-2006. It will fit on your stirrer better and be easier to use.
http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... artID=2012
Any stir bar 1" or less will fit. The 1 x 3/8 seems to be the most common one that people use.
I have tried several sizes and prefer the 1/2 x 1/8 inch stirbars. They are small and do not hit the sides of the tube if not centered perfectly but they create a good vortex.

I have found the best prices for just a few stirbars on eBay (check the eBay stores). Most lab supplies only sell them in large packages or charge very high prices for a single bar.

waterbear said:
Apollo Pools. Paul is one of our members and a great guy!
Apologies in advance since the following is very likely bordering on a "hijack".

Paul is indeed a great guy. I recently sent a post asking for help with my son's chem project, and Paul spent a good deal of time helping via PMs, meaning he didn't get proper credit here. First A my son's gotten in Chemistry, largely due to Paul's help.

As waterbear said, "a great guy"!

Finished hijacking ... please don't kick me off!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.