Bolts + liner =not good?

Jun 10, 2007
ct
I bought a house that already had an above ground pool installed. I have no idea how old it is, but after seeing new pools, I'm sure this one has been around awhile. Last year I noticed a lot of unevenness on the bottom of the pool, lots of pits and craters, and some areas you can feel sharp points sticking up under the liner, like rocks. I'm assuming they either didn't get the ground under the pool prepared well, or there's been erosion, or shifting under the pool...maybe not enough sand under it?

But when I opened the pool this week, I found something that worries me more. One area along the wall, you can see and feel what must be bolts that connect the parts of the outside wall? It feels like a spine...all the way from top to bottom in a straight line. Did not notice this in previous years. Has anyone seen this happen before, and should I be concerned? I am always paranoid when the kids fool around too much in the pool, because I'm afraid of the old thing caving in, now I will be even more worried, if bolts are pushing through on the liner. I would assume there should be some sort of protection between the wall and the liner, but I have never seen a pool being built, so I can't say for sure.

I assume there is no fix for this either, other than draining, and taking it apart?? :grrrr:
If that's the case, it would seem wiser to just get a whole new pool, and make sure everything is done right?? Yes, I may be searching for someone to tell me it's time for a nice brand new pool??? 8)

Shelly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.