Feeming in OK

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Hello All from Oklahoma,

It's sunny and warm for February and I am chomping at the bit to start managing the pool. We are closing on the house on March 9. The seller is going to have the pool opened next week so we can do an inspection on Thursday, February 23. I hope all goes well. I'm afraid they will say it needs a whole new plaster job or something and my husband will freak out! It was open last season and the photo of it looks great so I'm hoping for the best. I do not know how old the pool is, but from the photo and design of everything I'm thinking 80's or 90's. I wonder if there is a way I can tell for sure when it was built. The house was built in 1969 so who knows? The house has had several owners. It could even be from the 70's. I was not really wanting the pool store that the current owner uses to touch it, but I guess it's best to be able to inspect. I will be starting with whatever levels they set up, but I am committed to using the methods I am learning here. I am ordering a nice test kit here to get started with. I will post photos of everything as soon as I get in. I'm so excited. Even talking about it here makes me worry about jinxing the whole deal...but we have been wanting this house for a long time and it finally came on the market...so I think hubby will deal with whatever comes.

Just rambling and babbling for 3 more weeks!!!

Crystal

Attachments

• Charlotte 2.jpg
    Charlotte 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 52
Hello Poolers!

It's a beautiful sunny day in Oklahoma! We did the pool inspection today and everything is a go! The pool actually looks better than I could have imagined. The water is blue, the plaster is solid, the coping is newish and all looks ready for action. The pump had trouble priming so the pool store people replaced the lid and now it's running fine. The closing is set for March 9. We are packing like crazy and can't wait to get in there to play with our new toy. I am ordering the TF-100 on Monday, March 6 so I should have it on closing day. I will post the numbers as soon as I get in. The pool has been maintained by a pool store for years so I'm sure that has involved pucks and various chemicals. I will be looking into a solar cover first thing as I want to try and get the water warm enough as soon as possible. WooHoooooo!!!!

Crystal

Hi Nursenini!

Ty! I have lived in OKC all my life. Just moving into a new place. We are excited. Sounds like you have a beautiful pool with all the latest features. Ours is gonna be pretty vintage, but we love the size and the full sun. It's gonna be a great Oklahoma summer!

Crystal

- - - Updated - - -

Kim,

I can't wait to get a hold of this beast. It's gonna be a blast. We will doing some decor and upgrading as we go so I'll be posting for lots of advice!

Crystal