Yo

Well

Well my pool was built in the early 80's. Its a 20,000 gallon play pool. 4 Feet on the sides 7 in the middle. I have a nautilus 48 sc ft DE filter (Original) and an aquaflo 1.5 hyp pump and an old Teledyne Lars heater. Everyone looks good. My parents who owned the house and handed it down to me had some crazy pool guy that never took care of the water so I have a pretty bad buildup on the pool. I'm probably going to replace the pump with Hayward's RS series and the filter with a Hayward Progred. Today I just got done pressure washing/acid washing it and I got the tan tint off the walls.I also (about a month ago) replaced all the piping to the pool/spa because of the winter in California freezing the pipes, it took me awhile but hey I'm only one person.

Welcome to the forum, brett! I wouldn't advertise the fact that you are one of those dreaded 'pool guys'! :shock: We have a bad reputation around here! :wink: (just kididng). I am sure your experience in the field will be a valuable asset to the forum!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm going to start pitching Leaf Rakes over Leaf Skimmer nets!
It was the best single piece of pool equipment that helped clean up my pool and my neighbors, after Hurricane Wilma. I was hauling loads of leaves that a skimmer net would have no chance of getting.

Also, on a day to day basis, the leaf rake does a better job even on surface debris, than a leaf net.

My Preference? The Red Baron leaf rake!