Polaris 360

May 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
We inherited a Polaris 360 pool sweep. When we first got it, it worked great. Some time last year however, it stopped working right. When I hook it up to the wall, and hold it loosly in my hands, the wheels spin. However, as soon as there's any traction on the wheels (like my hands, or the pool wall), they simply don't have enough strength to keep spinning.
I was hoping not to have to take it to the pool store to get fixed. Any ideas on what might be wrong with it, and whether it's something I can fix myself? last year my husband and I took it all apart (because the ball bearings were falling out), and put it back together with some new ball bearings (in their little casing...) We didn't replace all of them.

The 360 does need a 'tune up' about every year or so and a rebuild every 5-6 years, which is why Polaris makes both a tune up kit and a rebuild kit for the unit! The kits contain the parts that are most likely in need of replacing at these time frames BUT if you do not understand the workings of your unit I would recommend taking it in to an Authorized Polaris repair facility for service!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.