Choosing new patio furniture

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I am currently on the hunt for some much needed furniture replacement. Has anyone bought from Hayneedle? Is the quality fairly decent?

I am so on the fence about this and returning it easily is not an option.

My concerns are comfort and quality. We spent a small fortune on our current set and it is so uncomfortable and no one enjoys sitting on it for any length of time. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Here is the set I am looking at

The set can be found here.

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/belham-living-brookville-all-weather-wicker-sofa-with-glacier-60-in-fire-pit-table.cfm?colpp=1&collId=10244

It looks nice but the cushions look thin. One of the reviews also said the cushions don't dry well, so consider that if they are not under cover or won't be stored away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to sit on the furniture to find out if it is comfortable. I don't know why but there is a huge variation in how comfortable or uncomfortable patio furniture is. And price is not the determining factor. I've bought comfortable cheap stuff and I've sat on very uncomfortable furniture that is very expensive. Very weird, I wonder if there are people who think it is comfortable or what? I guess there must be. But, they sure do sit differently than I do by a pool! :)

We did Front Gate, too. Teak bases with really deep seats and super thick cushions. The boxes were opened only recently but so far they're great. Cushions have been hit by a few rains and they've dried out really well. They're not totally exposed but blowing rain can get 'em. The frames are heavy and appear to be very well made. Loveseats were pre-assembled. Chairs were simple to put together but very solid when done.

Not sure what Mrs Salty paid but teak can't be cheap. Hopefully these will last a REALLY long time.

You have to sit on the furniture to find out if it is comfortable. I don't know why but there is a huge variation in how comfortable or uncomfortable patio furniture is. And price is not the determining factor. I've bought comfortable cheap stuff and I've sat on very uncomfortable furniture that is very expensive. Very weird, I wonder if there are people who think it is comfortable or what? I guess there must be. But, they sure do sit differently than I do by a pool! :)

Agree! I don't think I could buy any furniture without being able to sit on it. Especially when it comes to cushions and how deep seats are (my husband is a pretty big guy) and how high the back of sofa and chairs are...I like backs to be high enough to support head and neck and lean back comfortably. We bought our outdoor sofa and two chairs w/ottomans set from Sam's and 4 chaise lounges from Costco. All were ones they had in store that we could try out ahead of time. They are all comfortable. We just got them last year so can't report on how well they will hold up yet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have furniture from the Telescope Casual line and it is amazing. The cushions are really thick and comfortable--its expensive (like indoor furniture expensive) but literally everyone who sits on the furniture wants to know where it is from.
https://www.telescopecasual.com/product_search/
We have a simple marine grade polymer version with nice flat arms so you can keep your wine and book close. There are a lot of other styles though!

I am often frugal to a fault, but some things are worth the markup from local bricks and mortar stores for up close inspection and in my case, for a deck couch, I found that to be the case, even though my approach was unconventional.

What I did is I found a set I liked (which was in the neighborhood of $2500) then instead of buying the set, watched it like a hawk for a while and eventually got the base unit deeply discounted and outfitted it with less expensive but comfortable cushions and paired the main, more expensive couch with other pieces.

The base is awesomely strong/well-made, weathers well, and pairs easily with cheaper resin wicker elements you might pick up at target or big box stores. Its called the cabo collection: Silver Coast Cabo 3 Piece Custom Outdoor Jacobean Wicker Patio Sectional Set

Bottom line...that Hayneedle set would make me a tad nervous. Try out some pieces at your local high-end patio furniture store, record the brands and specs of those you found comfortable, then maybe search around for deals on it ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.