Ooops! Turned off pump without turning off heater!

singerteacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
western Wisconsin
Accidentally turned off the pump while the heater was running, and like a good little machine the heater turned itself off. But now, I can't figure out how to get it started again. I've re-lit the pilot light, but I'm pretty sure I tripped some safety mechanism that I don't know how to re-set. Have been looking everywhere for some kind of reset button. I have a Teledyne Laars XE natural gas heater. Unfortunately, there is no diagram on the door to tell me which component is the safety switch that I probably tripped. I have tried backwashing the filter, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

I was going to delete this, but decided to leave it up in case anyone else made the same mistake. After probing around and never finding a reset switch, we tried just turning it on and turning the temperature up to max. As soon as we maxed it out, we heard a small click ... then after about 30 seconds, as we were looking around to see what it was, whoosh, the gas burners ignited. Just needed more POP, as usual!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.