Florida Build: Project Complete...Officially Pool Owners!

Re: Florida Build: Fresh Meat :)

So I was trying to get through this process without spending any more money but my brother just finished his pool and I fell in love with the color of the water. So I have decided to upgrade my pool finish from white gem plaster to Florida bay pearl! Sometimes a girl has gotta do what a girl has got to do...sorry honey! Lol!Here is a pic of my brother's pool!

IMG_0500_zpsizkcxf6z.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gawd I love your pool tile. What company is it from? What color? I'm in Central Florida. :D

Edit to add: Glass tile all along the water line is fancy! We're only doing it on the spa.

Thank you...I love it too! It was a new item for the PB when I went to select the tile. At the time, I was only the 2nd person to select it, so they had no pictures of other pools to show me for reference. I wasn't worried about that though, because It was love at first sight! I think I said in an earlier post that the color was aqua blend, but it's actually called icy teal. The sample board did not have the company name, only the color, but I will find out the name of the supplier from the PB and update you when I get the info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Love that color! It looks very close to the color we chose.

cl industries sunstone blue pearl - Google Search

I feel ya on hurting the wallet. We ended up having an accent wall built with stone and glass tile etc and we were just going to do a simple pool. But its fun! And you really gotta do it now bc its harder and more expensive to do it later!

Thanks for the validation! This is why :lovetfp:

Hubby and I definitely don't see eye to eye on the "bells and whistles". He had to reign me in quite a bit from what we originally wanted, and by we I mean me...lol. It will still be a simple pool, but at least now the color of the water will be poppin!

I looove the blue pearl you chose, it has that Caribbean sea tropical look that I love. Since my tile is more on the aqua side, the florida bay pearl i chose compliments it well because it has a lot of green it...but they do look pretty similar Gallery | Pearl Finishes | Florida Stucco Pool Finishes

Yes your color will really play with the teal aqua color in your beautiful tile.

I found Lightstream glass tile by accident and now I am in love. Had to compromise and do a ceramic water line tile that goes with the glass tile but do a glass tile every 5 tiles on the water line and then the wall will be all glass tile.

Full sun
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16602871_10210705413018661_7698107678131542297_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2a9348eb98d926c4609024a30cc808d5&oe=59461950

Indoors
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16473415_10210705415058712_7763683062302701808_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2167ab8823016fe1fa6cdfbe6c60081e&oe=59373162

Cant wait to see yours all together. I really like that water color you went with but it wasn't going to go with our tile and I just couldn't let that tile go lol

I might have missed it but what kind of deck are you doing?

Hi daintilus here are a few suggestions
Congrats, some suggestions if I may?
1. Speaking from experience. Put in a double door on one of the sides. I only had one door and ended up putting in a double door and another single door on the opposite side. I should have listened to my wife
2. Plan on plumbing electrical and water for a future summer kitchen.
3. Plan on adding solar and heat pump in your equipment pad.
4. Make sure that you have a very large equipment pad.
5. Put in water spigots in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
6. Put in electrical outlets in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
7. Go with a large outdoor space as possible. We have 1800sq ft of pavers and we wish we did a larger space. You will be quite surprised how much room tables chairs and lounges take up.
8. Run conduits for speaker wires if you plan on wired speakers.

Look at the 3 links in my signature bar for ideas. Post lots of pics

Thanks for the advice...I've checked out your pool build quite a bit since I joined. I really enjoyed it. The setup that you and your wife created is wonderful! My favorite part is the bar area where you added the clear panels to the screen enclosure. I didn't even know you could do that! I wish I could go larger on the deck, but between the limited yard space, the HOA and Hubby's personal preferences... 750sf is what we have to work with. We spoke to the PB about making the equipment pad large enough to add a heat pump and he agreed. We have plans to add a heat pump after the build.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.