New house - attached spa jet problem/question

Hey all. .I did some research on this but I'm still confused. I just moved into a new house that has an older (1980's) inground pool with attached spa. The spa has both the regular sized pool return jets as well as 4 large "hot tub jets". The pool-size jets work just fine. I can fill or drain the hottub, it heats up, etc .. but nothing comes out of the jets. If I put my hand over them, all 4 feel *very* slightly like they are sucking water.

Do you think they're not hooked up to anything? I checked around for what might be an air pipe and I found several candidates. Not sure . .would it be located near the pumps . .or near the spa? If near the pumps then I think I found it and it's filled with water . .looks like rain water.

Basically . .I have no idea, lol. It seemed like the other pool/spas I saw in my researching had only the large spa jets . .or else they didn't show/make mention of the regular-sized jets.

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas!

Here are pics. The first one is filter side and includes my primary air pipe suspect. The second is return side w heater.

If if I turn the valves to spa only the small jets run and the water level in spa stays constant but nothing from the large jets.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. That's the second pic - return side. Here's the filter side w pipe.

ha . .ok . .hopefully it's obvious . .the return side w/heater is on top, the filter side with the water-filled pipe is on the bottom...sorry about that and thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 28
Figured it out . .well, not by myself but I talked to the guy who had cleaned the pool for the last 5 years before we bought the house. The filter is old, the sand hasn't been changed in at least 5 years, the pump is undersized - he thinks this model should have a blower but it doesn't.

Anyway -not a huge deal. .we were not likely to have used it .. just wanted to see if it worked. We're getting the pool resurfaced at some point in the near-ish future and we'll deal with the outdated equipment then. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.