Installing Aqua-Trol RJ onto pool light return jet

May 29, 2009
Austin, Texas
I'm about to install an Aqua Trol SWG with the RJ fitting. According to the manufacturer instructions, the T-cell should be attached directly to the return jet. I've read about problems that can occur in horizontal installations when the distance between T-cell and return jet is not sufficient for proper gas dispersion. My questions are:

Can this also be an issue with vertically mounted T-cells, and if so, what is the minimum distance that I should allow?

Are there turbulence or other potential issues that should be addressed when installing the T-cell onto a pool light as opposed to straight return jet?

The pool light return fitting is at a slight angle (about 10 degrees) from vertical and the manufacturer stresses that the T-cell should be mounted vertically. Should I add a PVC adapter or some flexible hose so that the T-cell is exactly vertical?

I realize that these may be no-brainers (I haven't been able to find a single relevant post/article). Still, I'd appreciate any information or reassurance before I install the SWG.

Thanks -- LadyEntropy

Here's my take on it. Since the "RJ" unit doesn't have a flow switch they want the cell to be vertical so that the gas produced rises up out of the unit and they want it as close to the open pool so the chlorine disperses quickly. This is all in case the flow stops for some reason.

I'd say that mounting it vertically and as close to the return outlet as possible are very inportant considerations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.