new here and well pools as well

ahh cool i think im gonna go pick that kit up

My one question about absorbic acid is on one forum i read that for a cheaper option to use asorbic acid powder and well it seems when i looked that up on google its really like the vitamin store kind and i wasnt sure if thats the same thing or not, cause i can get more of that for cheaper

w00t so it seems the acid and metal free did the trick on most of the brown stains, thanks alot guys

only thing is on the bottom of the pool there still seems like theres some darker color stains along the pool floor not sure what those could be from

Just keep the ph low for a while - around 7.2, and see if the stains come off. You can try rubbing a chlorine tablet on the stains and see if that lifts them. If it does, then it is an organic stain and will come off with the chlorine. One thing you have to watch is your chlorine level may be hard to hold after the ascorbic acid treatment. You will have to keep checking and adding enough to take it up to the low level of the cya chart. Do not shock the pool for at least 2 weeks after the treatment. Be consistent with your chlorine levels and don't let them drop down to 0 or you may end up with algae. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have :)

LadywithIron said:
I bought a test kit at a pool store, Taylor 2005. There was enough stuff in it to test CYA maybe three times, and I had used 1/3 of it before I realized that the little test tube with the black dot was MISSING. I wish that I had paid closer attention and had seen this

http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=259

and had bought one of the test kits from this site. I had one of the hth kits from walmart with a perfectly good little tube with a black dot, but I had to be a do gooder and give that kit away when I bought the big one, so I guess I am headed back to walmart for another one lol

No good deed............

Interesting - I have a Taylor K-2005 too, and the smaller tube of the dual tube that's used for testing chlorine is also used for CYA (the dot's in the bottom of it). There wasn't a separate tube for CYA tests.

woooo sweet storm here last night in jersey and i go out to my pool almost overflowing haha. All the brown stains and what not are gone *hooray!* but these Dang dark blackish stains are still here. Im gonna take a chlorine tab and rub it on them to see what happens but from what i read around on threads im pretty much screwed and have to drain the pool

oh yea this is a gunite pool is that matters

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.