Can an AG pump get rained on?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
Do I need to cover the pump with something, build a roof for it, or is it OK to be exposed to the weather? It is a waterways AG pool pump with cartridge filter. They are on a base together. I have a small deck that they can go under (barely), but it would be an easier install to place them a little outside the deck area.

OK, just to make sure... Instructions say "Do not install pump where there is excess moisture". Ummm, does that mean where there will be flooding when it rains? That is what I got out of it with the way they've written the instructions.

It is up on a base that is high off the ground. It will not flood that way. I was worried about the actual raindrops when raining.

Anyway, it's raining here again. It's been seemingly non-stop rain forever. Argg!

Thank you, No P in my ool. Didn't mean to doubt your opinion. I was sidetracked by the above instructions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.