first steps after filling

Just filled my Intex 16' AGP yesterday. I've been reading about the BBB method, and do plan to try it this summer. I still have one puck of stabilized chlorine that I will put in the floater tomorrow.
I don't see an easy to find guide for "First steps after filling". Here's what I think I should be doing: Put in stabilizer today. Shock treat tomorrow (I still have a couple pounds of HTH Shock n Swim). Put in the 'puck floater' after shock treating tomorrow.
Once the puck is gone, I'll throw away the floater and begin using Walmart liquid bleach. Headed out to Walmart now to buy bleach and stabilizer.
How does my plan sound? Should I stablize and shock right away today? Once the puck is gone and I'm using liquid bleach...am I still supposed to shock treat once a week?

I'd like to suggest an easy to find guide for first steps.

Edit: After more reading in the Pool School, I see that I may not have to do any shock treatments...Just dump in the recommended amount of bleach

You need all of your numbers to be in range before you can just use bleach...specifically your PH, TA and CYA all have to be at the recommended level, then you can use bleach... if your FC doesn't hold overnight, then you will need to shock.

Thank you frustrated. Just what I was looking for.
Maybe I'll write something up on the proper steps to follow after first filling a pool. Is there a way I could submit something like this for inclusion on this site?
I realize most people with permanent pool installations won't need this information, but I also know many people have these 'easyset' pools.

By all means write something up and post it as a new topic. If people like it they will start referring others to it and we will consider it for either a mention in the further reading section of Pool School or possibly a full fledged article.

One of the challenges of writing such an article is that the initial values from the tap water vary quite a bit from place to place and so the exact steps you want to take vary also. That is why we ask people to post their numbers before we give advice about what to add and in what order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.