Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I get it that the presssure cleaner will hook up to the return in the middle of my pool, therfore that will be my pressure side on the booster pump. But where does the water to the booster pump(suction side) come from?? If more than one option, which would be the best?

But where does the water to the booster pump(suction side) come from??
From the primary pump. The booster pump "boosts" the pressure of the primary pump to operate the auto-vac.

FWIW, the suction side of your system is from the main drain/skimmers to the primary pump. Everything after the primary pump is the pressure side.

Just to clarify...

Booster pump is not an accurate term as the pump can accept unpressurized water and do the same thing.

You do want it after your filter as most cleaner pumps do not have a strainer basket.
You never want to inject chlorine into your pump.

The reason most cleaner pumps connect to the pressure side right after the filter is because they are typically NOT self priming pumps and what is actually happening is that the main pool pump pressure is priming the cleaner pump for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.