Where do you store your hose between cleanings?

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
I have the Lil' Shark, so the hose needs to be stright to work properly. The only way I can store it straight is to hang it under the deck.

I would use a coated hook, so no damage to the hose
It's under the deck, so out of the sun.
Rain water would hit it, though the deck would protect it some.
Will wetting and drying take its toll on the hose?
Is it better to just store it in the Rubbermaid shed and deal with the "coiling"?

Best to store it stretched out straight rather than coiled. With the sun off of it, oxidation and UV damage isn't such a problem. As for the rain, well, you get it wet anyway when it's in the pool so I wouldn't worry about that so much. When you put in back up for storage, just make sure the water is drained out from it.

Pool cleaner hoses in general need replacing after a few years as it stands due to UV damage and pool chemical exposure which leads to cracks. I replaced my Baracuda hose when it was about five years old becuase it developed pinholes and small splits in the coils. The fact that you store yours straight and out of the sun will probably make it last longer than most.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.