Newbie (to the forum) saying Hi!

nauidvr1

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2009
Just wanted to say hi. I am new to the forum and just donated to be a lifetime member.

I was surfing the forum last night and found so much good info here, that I just had to become a donating member. I look forward to asking all kinds of questions, as I just converted from Baquacil (for the 2nd time) to a salt pool. I am just getting my salt added to the pool and balancing the water (CYA, PH & such). Wired in the SWCG today and should have it turned on and running tomorrow.

Nauidvr1

No P in my ool said:
Welcome! :wave: I have to ask; Why the two conversions?
Dear No P in my ool - the reason for the 2 conversions: When we first bought the house (was my wife's Grandmothers) 15 years ago, I had to rebuild the entire pool (new liner, pipes, pump, filter & fresh water). When we put the water in the pool I chose to use Baquacil and had nothing but good luck for 10 years, then the problems began. So I converted to chlorine for 2 years, then the liner had to be replaced (did this myself). I thought since I had such good luck with Baquacil for the first ten years and the water was going to be new again (no Baquacil saturation or build up) I would go back to Baquacil - bad move, I had nothing but trouble for 2 years. So that bring us up to now - converted this year when I opened the pool and decided to go with a SWCG, I just wish I would have read this forum before I bought a Pentair IC40, I probably would have gone with something else (one of the more recommend ones here on the forum).

Butterfly said:
Welcome to the forum :wave:
Got some pix of your pool? :lol:
Butterfly - I do have pics of the pool, I'll post some in a few days.

DaveNJ said:
Welcome to TFP,
Pool School has great info on water balance for a SWCG pool. Also, a good test kit is a must. There's another article on test kits. I like the one in my signature.
DaveNJ - I ordered the TF100 right away after reading the board and becoming a lifetime member. I hope to receive it this week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.