is there enough time?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I did the vitamin c test and sure enough it is metal stains. I am having a party in one week,do you think thats enough time to do the process and rebalance the water?

I also have to order the acid,I will have to overnight it. How much do think I should order? Also what is the best and least expensive seqestrant agent?

What is the best way to drop my chlorine to zero,I assume first to turn off swg?

Also how much polyquat 60 would I need? I know this would be pushing it but now the ironic thing about finally getting a crystal clear pool is you can see every imperfection.

I have the nature 2 system, I guess that is what is causing the metal problem? I emailed zodiac and was told the nature 2 puts such a minute amount of copper that it would never stain a pool,it has to be the water.

I would think from now on I would have to use a sequestrant agent through out the swim season?

Thanks for your help! :-D

In all fairness to Zodiac....I can't believe I'm saying that....the vitamin c test would really only be effective on Iron stains, and their product uses copper and silver, so the stains, if the vit c tablet was effective, are probably not silver/copper and/or caused by the N2. :puker: Ugh, I feel better now.

If everything went absolutely perfectly you can do an ascorbic acid treatment in a week, but usually it takes longer than that before things really settle down and are ready for a pool party.

ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar products, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

You need between 1 and 1.5 cups of polyquat 60% per 10,000 gallons.

Once you have iron in the water, you need to keep using sequestrant all season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.