Pentair FNS Plus Fiberglass DE Pool Filter...

Casey

TFP Expert
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi everybody! :wave:

I am preparing for my up and coming pool build and just getting my feet wet with an appropiate filter to keep my water clear.

I was looking at this filter:
http://www.epoolshop.com/pentairfnsplus ... ilter.aspx

Any suggestions on other Pentair filters would be appreciated if I'm not on the right track. I specifically want a DE filter.

I'm wondering if it is big enough? It's 60 sq. ft. and also, do I need a Pentair Multiport Valve Kit 2" to go along with it? <drawing a blank here, sorry for the silly question> What does this multiport thing do?

Here is a pic of the Multiport Kit:
http://www.epoolshop.com/pentairfnsplus ... 2inch.aspx

It looks to me that the filter doesn't come with a bump handle. Is this what the multiport thing-ma-bob is for? What do you hook into the multiports?

Again, sorry if this is redundant for some... I'm still learning the inground system. :wink:

Good to know!

I believe waste said that I should go with the biggest DE filter I could get to cut down on back washing.

Do you have a multiport valve kit on yours?

Could you post a pic of it? I can wait til daylight. It would be much appreciated. 8)

South western PA. Fayette County. The poorest in the state! :lol:

Well, we've gotten pounded with the wetness too! :roll: I'm ready for hot weather, let me tell ya! My pool last week was a high of 62*. I checked it today and it was 72*.

Come one warm weather! :sun:

kenmar said:
I am on the other side (south east), near Allentown.... The rainest in the state :)

Well in Seattle we have gone 25 days without any rain! Go figure. Having lived in Souderton PA most of my life, I can say, you guys don't get as much rain as us. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.