Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

If I could buy this one by the keg, I totally would have Brian build me a house with full service bar and 30 taps....

F247C68E-7498-4E55-A1FB-99401F6DF027.jpg

Pork Tenderloin (with bacon, mushrooms & onions) in a burbuon-apple juice reduction -

AA79833C-645A-4644-9E2C-AB0A3D278A0B.jpg

Added a little bit of fresh rosemary too....

IMG_8986.jpg
Ribeye steak with Bernaise sauce, baked potato, onions, mushrooms and baked cabbage. Not a great presentation but all so yummy [emoji39]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone out there using either the Blackstone or Camp Chef griddles in their backyard setups? I’m interested, but not sure how much use I’d get out of it next to the Weber propane, Weber kettle, and Weber Smokey mountain.
I have the Camp Chef 600 and I love it. I use it all the time for breakfast, when I have some of the grand kids staying over and smash burgers, as well as many other things. One of the things I like about the CC is the whole top just lifts off and you have a regular gas burner grill available. I also just take the top and put it in the garage over the winter. The top is carbon steel so it will rust, if you don't take care of it. Mine is well seasoned and I don't really have a problem with rust. I keep it on the back deck and have a cover for it. I use 2 large plastic bowels placed upside down on the griddle, under the cover, to keep the cover raised off the griddle itself and that works well. During the warm months, I have members of my extended family over all the time and I actually use the griddle more that I thought I would. About half of them like smash burgers better then burgers from my Kamado Joe, so I end using both most of the time.

I have the Camp Chef 600 and I love it. I use it all the time for breakfast, when I have some of the grand kids staying over and smash burgers, as well as many other things. One of the things I like about the CC is the whole top just lifts off and you have a regular gas burner grill available. I also just take the top and put it in the garage over the winter. The top is carbon steel so it will rust, if you don't take care of it. Mine is well seasoned and I don't really have a problem with rust. I keep it on the back deck and have a cover for it. I use 2 large plastic bowels placed upside down on the griddle, under the cover, to keep the cover raised off the griddle itself and that works well. During the warm months, I have members of my extended family over all the time and I actually use the griddle more that I thought I would. About half of them like smash burgers better then burgers from my Kamado Joe, so I end using both most of the time.
Actually I have a coworker who has a camp chef 600 and he loves it. He cooks steaks on it and lots of bacon and eggs.:cheers:

I looked at both the Camp Chef and the Blackstone when I was researching these. I decided the Camp Chef, even though it's a little smaller, is just sturdier built than the Blackstone. I have never regretted getting the Camp Chef.

Do you use the grill part of yours or just the griddle? The camp chefs look a little more expensive than the Blackstones, but I am all about the outdoor cooking. Actually, today would’ve been a perfect day for some eggs and pancakes on a griddle.

Do you use the grill part of yours or just the griddle? The camp chefs look a little more expensive than the Blackstones, but I am all about the outdoor cooking. Actually, today would’ve been a perfect day for some eggs and pancakes on a griddle.
I use both. I like to use the grill part for heating large pots of stuff when I am making things on my Big Joe. It also works well for heating the pot for low country boils, one of our favorites. It is very versatile, as far as I am concerned. If you get one i'll give you a tip, that sounds crazy, for doing pancakes. When you do the cakes, take a large potato and cut it in half. After the first batch of cakes is pulled off take the raw end of the potato and rug it over the griddle. It removes the extra fine pieces of cake left on the griddle and the next batch will not stick. Do this for each batch and they will always come off great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.