Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Re: Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

HEY .....Stop that! I want to enjoy it once I make it! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I got my ingredients - italian sausage mix (1lb), ground pork (1lb) and ground beef (1.34lbs). I got my Mr. Stubs rubs and BBQ sauce, cheese and eggs. I'm going to keep the spiciness to a minimum so I cut out the Tony Chachere's creole spice (family doesn't like spicy that much) and i'll add heat to my slice(s) as-needed. I'll probably work on this tomorrow....pictures to follow.....

OK, I got the ingredients, but just got home from a friends place watching the game. Tomorrow it happens and I will post pics!

Nice slab of meat!!

What's your secret rub?

Looks great!

OK, meatloaf is in the oven. I did not have time to fire up my big steel keg out back so I know I'll be missing a big part of it less the smoke. I plan on doing it again, in the keg. I just couldn't wait to try it so we'll see how it turns out in the oven. I got my Maverick ET-733 probe keeping an eye on the IT! Just getting started, sitting at 57°

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sadly mine will have to wait until tomorrow as the weather will be better and I can put it on the smoker plus the wife is off to a dinner meeting tonight so just me & the kiddos by ourselves...that screams for PIZZA DELIVERY to me...

Alright! Looking forward to an oven report. The smoke is always better, but it will be good to know how it is in the oven.

Matt = slacker :laughblue:

Matt = slacker :laughblue:

In formal logic, we call that a tautology - a statement that is true by necessity or by virtue of its logical form. Thus, no formal proof is required...

Ok, here are the pictures. Turned out great, I pulled when internal temperature was 162°. I thought I had put a lot of cheese in there, and you can definitely taste it but I could've put more in and would not have bothered me. I did not add the chunks as directed, just shredded, next time I will because who doesn't like cheese with meatloaf? This is a winner recipe, but no doubt a little smoke would've put a nice touch on it. On the next round, I might add a bit more chopped onions. Thanks for the recipe, I'm going back for seconds!

760b156bf40b28c642435f9d32b5e0f6-1.jpg
fb82fbc831da74df259a261119359b30-1.jpg
28414b9dd67c04f118aecf39471d4c70-1.jpg
38ba828a7a089b0abdddb098f402fad0-1.jpg
5029472bb991ce25531f35bf4837208b-1.jpg
bdd8fecec948ff4158d6247dd62479b5-1.jpg

Nice meatloaf pan!! The trivet makes all the difference, no soggy meat-float.

Ok, so I'll plan to use my BGE to smoke it. I was not going to use any diced onion or garlic, just meat, cheese and spices. I personally like a little chopped veggie in mine and I would be tempted to dice up some jalapeño in it, but I want the kids to eat it so no "foreign objects" allowed.

I'm thinking I'll baste it with a little Mr. Stubbs BBQ sauce towards the end...what say you'all?

Sounds good, I thinking I'm going to cut up some bacon and put in my next one as well! I like Italian sausage so it did not bother me, but it was far more prevalent than the beef was.

I like it with breakfast sausage better than Italian sausage. My brother puts Sriracha on it, BBQ sauce would be better.

I've covered meatloaf with a layer of bacon and cooked it that way. You get a nice bacon flavor and lots of fat to keep the loaf moist during cooking. Then you can take the bacon off and brown the top under the broiler for a few minutes.

I also reserve bacon that I cook with like that for snacking and for making bacon bits.

Mmmmmmm.....bacon.....

4fe9bf18665eb0a1bd58a9eceb54901e-1.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.