Problems with Lamotte ColorQ CH and fcl/tcl

Jun 12, 2009
Ithaca, NY
I am having a couple problems with my Lamotte ColorQ tester:

First, I just got new Calcium hardness reagents and my readings on all three pools I run have tripled! With the first set of calcium hardness reagents, the results were always close to the same as the results I got with my old Taylor kit now they are insanely high (4000+ for one of my pools!). Should I contact Lamotte and get new reagents?

The second issue I am having is that I have been getting false high free chlorine and total chlorine readings in one of my pools for the last month or so. For a sample color that looks like about a 2.0 to me, the kit will read anywhere from a 4.0 to 6.0. The sample seems cloudy as well when I add the DPD 1A drops. Any ideas on anything in my water chemistry that could lead to this problem? Here are my latest readings for this pool: pH: 7.4, Alk: 75, CH: 1250 and TDS: 2000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.