Our Pool Build

T,

Nice set up... Seems like this Aqua Bright coating has really taken off around here... When you touch it, how does it feel? Might need to wait until June or July for my answer... :D

How much do you know about your Nature 2 system? I suggest you use our search function and check it out.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Nice pool! I'm interested in how the Aqua Bright feels as well. If I may ask, what was the cost?

Just so you know not all AquaBright coatings costs are the same. A "new installation" costs more then a renovation because a new install still requires a plaster layer to be applied to the gunite shell like any other pool. So, in that sense, it has a cost similar to a high-end ("premium") pebble finish. In a renovation, the cost is lower because the plaster layer already exists and all the AquaBright installer has to do is surface prep and A/B application. Therefore the costs are quite a bit different.

Thanks for the reply Jim....the texture on the bottom of the pool is pretty smooth...not slippery. We had the installer leave the stairs much rougher to prevent sliping. We had him leave the tanning ledge somewhere in between these 2...he suggested not going as smooth as the bottom b/c kids can run and jump in on the tanning ledge and slip and not leaving it as rough as the stairs b/c it will snag bathing suits. Hope this answers your question and since you are "in the neighborhood" feel free to contact me and I wouldn't mind letting you test it out if you are considering having it installed.

Nature 2 cartridge has been popped and I released the little white balls from their metal prison cell :).....I wonder if damage is already done or how can I test for the various metals in my water. It was a starter cartridge if that matters.

T,

I doubt you were running the Nature 2 long enough to have a real affect. The problem comes when running it over a long period of time, where the minerals continue to build up.

You can buy individual test kits for minerals, but this is one time I'd use a pool shop test. If any of the mineral tests come back positive, you can then concentrate your efforts on the specific offender.

Glad you pulled the cartridge, you won't regret it,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.