Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with seal kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with seal kit

I am rebuilding my pool pump and need guidance on what all I need. I have the motor apart and the bearings removed and new ones in hand. I need help with the seals needed to put it all back together. Attached is my motor and basket label.

18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with seal kit

I am not sure what you are asking because the seals have nothing to do with the bearing installation. Just remove the old bearings with a bearing puller and press on the new bearings.

Here is the seal kit but the seal goes on after the motor is installed in the motor plate:

Amazon.com: Hayward Super Pump Complete Pump O-Ring Rebuild Kit, fits all Models: Patio, Lawn Garden
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

That is what I was looking for. I was only stating replacing the bearings so everyone would know how torn apart it is and what I needed to reassemble. I also found a water slinger seal, is that needed?

18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, you can replace that too if needed.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

The one that came off was two rubber washers and a steel washer. Guess the single washer is an update? So that kit above has everything else needed?

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes but I changed my mind, use this kit instead:

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-Compl...GY7T83Z2Z8Y5B7

It has better seals.
    Mark

7. Back To Top    #7

How can you tell it has better seals? Just so I know what to look for.

8. Back To Top    #8

It uses US Seal. Crane are also good seals.
    Mark

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks!

10. Back To Top    #10