New pool, worried about CSI

Dec 20, 2016
Panama City, FL
Hi,

I have a brand new pool, filled in Dec 2016. The water looks great and I am doing my best to keep the ever-rising pH under control. My numbers tonight are:

FC - 5.0
CC - 0.5
TC - 5.5
pH - 7.5
TA - 50
CH - 375
CYA - 60
Salt - 3900 (reading on panel)

Pool math says "corrosion of plaster likely". That does not sound good for my brand new pool at all. If I am using pool math correctly with my 8200 gallon pool, I think I need to add 39 oz of baking soda.

According to the numbers above, is that what I need to do to make the CSI better? I've been learning TFP in steps, Chlorine first, then pH, now moving on to correct CSI.

Thanks in advance for the guidance!

With a TA as low as 50ppm, I would not let the pH drop any lower than 7.6. You should target your pH so that it sits between 7.6 and 7.8. That means not letting the pH go any lower than 7.6 when adding acid and only adding acid once the pH has climbed above 7.8. You could also bump your TA up to 60ppm. Those two chemical changes should correct your CSI more than enough.

With a TA as low as 50ppm, I would not let the pH drop any lower than 7.6. You should target your pH so that it sits between 7.6 and 7.8. That means not letting the pH go any lower than 7.6 when adding acid and only adding acid once the pH has climbed above 7.8. You could also bump your TA up to 60ppm. Those two chemical changes should correct your CSI more than enough.
Thanks! I will not add as much acid to
keep the pH higher. I will also add some baking soda to try to raise the TA.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.