Test kit in ... let the SLAMing begin!

I joked to the bunnings staff ages ago that I should just direct credit my wages to them, the amount I spend there
Next time I walked into bunnings they offered to set me up with a cash trade account so I get extra discount
Needless to say I am now a card carrying member of bunnings :grin:

Wanted to ensure the hydrostaic valve was working. I have 2 in my pool - one underneath the pool cover and one at the deep end above. The one at the deep end is ok.

I was also able to get the pump to fit snug inside the pit beside the pool cover so all but 50mm of water in the pit will be gone.

Unsure if you can see in the photos, but a lot of sediment builds up in the main drain and in the pool cover pit. Any easy way of getting that stuff out or is that the norm in every pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have finally started to refill the pool-yay...massive 2 days and couldn't have done it with you all so really appreciated.

I will let it fill to half way then I will do a flush to waste from the main drain. I could not clear the last 150mm of water as the pump need more water to keep going and didn't want to risk it. Hopefully the mucky stuffstays in the pit as I refilland I can suck some out through the drain.

Really grateful for all the help.

Woohoo, on the home stretch now :whoot:

Needs, thought you were learning to speak texan? You couldn't have sounded more true blue aussie with that statement ^^

BTW Buba, forgot to tell you, there is a major downside to this forum
Its a highly contagious condition called sparkliepoolitis
There is no known cure
People have been known to just sit and admire the sparkly water
Friends and family comment on how nice the water feels
You begin to tell the ph and FC by the look and feel of the water
You also save a heap of money and time

However there is a great support network here to help you through all of that :cool:

Y'all have been busy while I was:sleep: LOL on the 2 trips to the store.........You got off lucky with only 2! More like 3 or 4 here! Good job thinking to push the dirt and stuff to the pump.....yeah sometimes the most obvious thing cannot be seen because it is TOO easy....I was going to suggest a shop vac while I was reading it but saw you figured it out.

I wonder if you should/could find a way to get some kind of vacuum down into those areas every once in a while?

When you get your pool filled back up I want you to take a picture looking down at the deep end. Make sure to label it with the date. THEN when we have your water balanced take another pic looking at the same spot. If you have a drain cover or something........oh I know! Throw a coin into the water each time you go to take the pic......THAT will show you the difference in everyday pool water and TFP pool water!

I will tell you it is VERY hard to look at motel pools now........ewwwwwwww compared to my pool!

Kim:kim:

Cool...just a thouggt...how precise do u need to be on different chemicals when addind...do you guestimate or do u measure it exact...if so how do u do it...might need my 3rd trip yo the hardware before i start

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.