Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SLAMarama... Need Advice w/ Algae Problem

1. Back To Top    #41

In the Industry

Re: SLAMarama... Need Advice w/ Algae Problem

Does water temperature have any impact? It was really cold (for texas) the last few days but is warming now.
    Yes. All the processes slow down in cold temps but it doesn't negate your progress.......just slows it down.

I haven't followed your thread but I like the idea of moving to 24 ppm FC. Keep brushing and stiring up the water to get the algae up and into the chlorinated water.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #42

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Yes. All the processes slow down in cold temps but it doesn't negate your progress.......just slows it down.

I haven't followed your thread but I like the idea of moving to 24 ppm FC. Keep brushing and stiring up the water to get the algae up and into the chlorinated water.
    Thanks...chlorine consumption in cold water is mostly what I was referring to. It seemed really strange to see 0 loss in the OCLT with as much green as I had but it was really cold that night (air temp low 20s). I've been doing an OCLT pretty much every night now out of curiosity and I'm seeing more like 1.5-2ppm loss. I've been holding FC at 24 for several days now. Still pretty green but improving. The plumes I sweep up are a lot smaller, I can actually see the brush head in the deep end now even after brushing (6.5ft deep).

I'm really curious to see what it looks like in the filter so I'm going to crack that open soon when I have some time to mess with it.

And I really appreciate all of the help from you guys. I have been lurking here learning since we bought the house in late Sept but it's been really helpful to have a second set of eyes on the numbers and some reassurance things are going in the right direction.
    Pool: 32x16 ~15,500gal plaster that needs to be redone | Filter: Tagelus Sand TA60D | Pump: Hayward RS750CA .75hp | Liquid Chlorine, LaMotte ColorQ and Taylor k1515-A FAS-DPD

3. Back To Top    #43

TFP Guide

With the pump running 24 hours per day, every chance you get to stir it up with the brush will help, even if it's only a full brushing once or twice per day. Good luck and hopefully it doesn't take too long. Have you thought about algae hiding spots? (behind weir, under ladder rungs, etc.)
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

4. Back To Top    #44

I haven't thought about that but will check. The ladders in the deep end have built in step pockets. I have been brushing those. It didn't think about behind the weirs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Pool: 32x16 ~15,500gal plaster that needs to be redone | Filter: Tagelus Sand TA60D | Pump: Hayward RS750CA .75hp | Liquid Chlorine, LaMotte ColorQ and Taylor k1515-A FAS-DPD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123