SLAMarama... Need Advice w/ Algae Problem

Does water temperature have any impact? It was really cold (for texas) the last few days but is warming now.
Yes. All the processes slow down in cold temps but it doesn't negate your progress.......just slows it down.

I haven't followed your thread but I like the idea of moving to 24 ppm FC. Keep brushing and stiring up the water to get the algae up and into the chlorinated water.

Yes. All the processes slow down in cold temps but it doesn't negate your progress.......just slows it down.

I haven't followed your thread but I like the idea of moving to 24 ppm FC. Keep brushing and stiring up the water to get the algae up and into the chlorinated water.

Thanks...chlorine consumption in cold water is mostly what I was referring to. It seemed really strange to see 0 loss in the OCLT with as much green as I had but it was really cold that night (air temp low 20s). I've been doing an OCLT pretty much every night now out of curiosity and I'm seeing more like 1.5-2ppm loss. I've been holding FC at 24 for several days now. Still pretty green but improving. The plumes I sweep up are a lot smaller, I can actually see the brush head in the deep end now even after brushing (6.5ft deep).

I'm really curious to see what it looks like in the filter so I'm going to crack that open soon when I have some time to mess with it.

And I really appreciate all of the help from you guys. I have been lurking here learning since we bought the house in late Sept but it's been really helpful to have a second set of eyes on the numbers and some reassurance things are going in the right direction.

With the pump running 24 hours per day, every chance you get to stir it up with the brush will help, even if it's only a full brushing once or twice per day. Good luck and hopefully it doesn't take too long. Have you thought about algae hiding spots? (behind weir, under ladder rungs, etc.)

It's taken a long time to clear but it's finally done. Thanks again for all of the help!

7b0c050ca1d8da5efdecfcf3142c870c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

SWEET! That will give you some time to save up your pennies to get the plaster redone. It should be easy to keep it this way now that you have TFP on your side.

I want you to be very mindful of the water temps. As the water warms up you will really need to watch your FC to make sure it does not get below your target levels.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.