Pool Equipment installers in Northern California - Modesto??

mihzyd777

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2009
Manteca, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
HELP!! Looking for a qualified installer to install my new pool pump, filter, and SWG. I live in Northern California (Modesto/Stockton) area.

Hope someone could help!

Mike

Thanks for the info!!
Aqua pool and spa YUCK!!! LOL...they came to my house for an estimate Waaaaaayyyyy over priced and no wonder they filed Chapter 11 protection!!! They wanted almost double than everyone. Yes they might know what they are doing, but it doesn't take a genius to do plumbing....: )

They were also rude, the guy who came wasn't professional and didn't bring anything to write anything down and didn't measure my pool like I asked and really had the "I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE" and that was them being only 2 weeks out for pool builds..... You would think with this economy they would care a little more ehhh.
You hit the right button huh LOL :) Sorry but just had to vent about them. Ya it's great to see someone close by as well!!

Take care,

Mike

mihzyd777 said:
Yes they might know what they are doing, but it doesn't take a genius to do plumbing....: )

I don't know this company you speak of nor do I care. As a fairly expensive plumber ($95 per/hr) myself I will say this...you get what you pay for. So, while you seem to have this whole plumbing trade figured out (laughable) you as a home owner should know it doesn't take a genius to be able to recognize a properly trained / properly priced pool builder. Of course you will be sure to make certain that his license is in tact - his liability insurance and bonding is current and of the proper amounts - his workmans comp on ALL his LEGAL workers. If one of them are illegal and they get hurt or killed on your job...it's on your home owners insurance, Welcome to California....you can thank your friends just a little further north for that one.

So while your complaining about how easy it is to install a pool and how any monkey could do the plumbing, I really hope you find a decent guy that charges a fair price. Because if you get a price that is almost too good to be true.....lol, well you know how the rest of that one goes. And to all you home owners out there, contrary to popular opinions, real tradesmen are not lowering their prices because the economy is tanked. Do you all think our insurance - equipment - office space - etc..etc.. went down because the economy is down? Why in Gods name would we lower our prices?

Here's a tip, if a guy wants to charge you to come give you an estimate, you know you are dealing with an experienced professional who will do a great job.

But, maybe your right...it's just plumbing :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.