Such thing as liquid stabilizer???

julie492 said:
Just wondering if there is a liquid stabilizer? The powder stuff leaves grit at the bottom of the pool and was wondering if there was a liquid forit?

Don't let the granules settle to the bottom of the pool, you are asking for trouble if you do. Undissolved chemicals that settle to the bottom will almost certainly create problems for the liner. Apply the granules in small batches through the skimmer using a filter sock to allow the granules to dissolve gradually while running the filter 24/7 until all the granules are thoroughly dissolved.

I was looking into liquid stabilizer as well. Found it here http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemicals ... r/#reviews
Part of the reason is because I don't need a lot. I keep my stabilizer level around 35 and have borates slightly over 50ppm. CYA has dropped to about 25 from an accidental high of 50 (lots of rain over the winter), so it is time for a little CYA- about 1 lb crystals or 1/2 gallon liquid according to pool calc. The smallest I can get in crystals is 4lbs. In the liquid I can get 1 gallon. Will the liquid last for a while if I add half now and half later? How long will it stay stable(up to a year)?

I got some from Intheswim. Not as sludgy as some of the reviews on the website suggested, but then it sat out in 100 degree heat all morning before I finally won the game "Find where in your yard UPS has hidden your packages this time".
My CYA test down around 20 this morning, and I am burning through the bleach with the 100 degree heat and intense sun, so it is time to add more stabilizer. It dissolved well enough by dribbling slowly in front of the return. A few little bits had to be brushed up. The product apparently has a "salt-friendly" pH, whatever that is, so I may have to make some adjustments. My pH and TA have risen some in the last couple weeks- the pH I know is from aerating to cool the pool, not so sure about the reason for the TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.