Navigator gets stuck on main drain

jonmar

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 29, 2009
My Navigator keeps getting stuck on my main drain, which is especially irritating since I have two main drains. Also, from time to time when the Navigator is going up the hill from the deep end to the shallow it just sort of flails away and rolls over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem with my Navigator and 2 main drain covers. So I modified the drain covers with a 4" PVC cap that I cut down to make shorter, drilled a couple holes in the sides of the cap so I could zip tie the cap to the top of the cover. This makes a little dome on the top of the drain cover and prevents the Navigator from climbing on top of the drain.

My Navigator was also falling over when the suction hose went in front of a return jet. The water coming out of the return jet was pushing the hose and causing the Navigator to fall over. When I use the Navigator I aim the return jets at the ends of the pool and down a little. This helps keep the hose away from the return jets.

I found an inexpensive and easy to install solution to this problem. I installed a "clip" onto my existing pool drain (no need to remove the drain). The clip prevents the Navigator from getting stuck on the drain.

The company is "Main Drain Clip-On". Website is http://www.maindrainclipon.com

The clip floats so if it gets dislodged (kicked off) from the drain cover, it is easy to retrieve (probably from the skimmer).

I had the same problem with my Navigator and 2 main drain covers. So I modified the drain covers with a 4" PVC cap that I cut down to make shorter, drilled a couple holes in the sides of the cap so I could zip tie the cap to the top of the cover. This makes a little dome on the top of the drain cover and prevents the Navigator from climbing on top of the drain.

My Navigator was also falling over when the suction hose went in front of a return jet. The water coming out of the return jet was pushing the hose and causing the Navigator to fall over. When I use the Navigator I aim the return jets at the ends of the pool and down a little. This helps keep the hose away from the return jets.

What an awesome idea. After years of sitting dormant this post has brought the solution I need to my PoolCleaner getting stuck...

Thanks ksninew!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.