Effects of sequestrant treatments..

G

Yesterday evening, I vacuumed the pool and noticed the bottom surface was becoming lightly stained again. Normally, I put 4oz of Sequasol in every day. This time, I decided to get a little more agressive and added about 12z.

1 Hour later I noticed some sediment on the bottom of pool. Keepin in mind this is after pool was vacuumed clean.
The stains did seem lighter..

Does the sediment indicate the sequasol is doing its job?

Jason,

It is beginning to look like the frequent rain showers we were having happened to coincide with the sediment in the pool. Since we've had less rain storms, I've noticed little or no sediment, despite continued use of the Sequestrant treatments.

Dirt and algae both get into the pool during a storm, much of it carried in the wind rather than the rain it's self. The most common thing is for some algae to just get started during the storm and then die off, leaving dead algae on the bottom of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.