New Build in NE FL

LOL Time to look and think can hurt that wallet for sure!!!

I really like what you have done with the mock up! I can't wait to hear what the PB says!

Kim:kim:

Thank you. Anxiously waiting too!!

I was going to add our build to my signature but... What style is our pool considered? Is that still a free form even with the straight edge? I also don't know the gallons yet either but we guess 19500-20000.

The shape of the pool is not as important as what it is made of and the fact it is in ground. The info we NEED in the siggy is kind and size of pool, kind of filter and motor, test kit.

We will tweak your gallons as we work with the balancing of the water. We have a couple of tricks to help do that. We will go over it when you get water.

LOL on the siggy! It IS complete! When you say Sunstone pebble finish does the Sunstone mean brand or color? If it is brand I would add the color as well. Some people like to know that when they are looking for ideas for their pools.

What is "32x56 Mansard screen"?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
C L industries pebble finish in Blue Pearl.
32x56 screened enclosure Mansard is roof style which is the most common type for enclosures.

Got ya! Learn something new everyday!

Yup, a "full Mansard" is where the enclosure attaches to the house then goes "up" to the horizontal screened surface before coming back down at the rear of the enclosure. A "half Mansard" is where the horizontal screened surface attaches directly to the home and extends horizontally before coming back down at the rear of the enclosure. Because we had an existing covered patio, we've got a half Mansard section of screen coming off of it but full Mansard for the majority of the enclosure. In the pic below, the beam on the left side that comes off the peak of the patio is Half Mansard and the stuff on the right hand side is Full Mansard.

35756184-1011-4F20-A39B-5E75D172D589_zpssqstfnxd.jpg

Alright. We got the costs back for the changes we wanted to potentially make. The labor for the glass tile ended up being on the higher end of the range we were given at $17.50 a linear foot (same cost as purchasing the tile). While hubby said we could go forward with the glass at the water line, it was going to cost us $4k after the $1100 credit from the contracted price. As much as I wanted the glass tile, I have a hard time justifying that much money for it. So we went back to the supply store to see if we could find a water line tile that would compliment the glass in other areas.

So after looking, we found a 6" ceramic tile that was actually not an upgrade and when next to the Lightstream tile, it looked really good. And it saves us over $3k.

The lady at the store did give me the suggestion that we could do one of the Lightstream tiles like every 5 or 6 tiles on the waterline which won't cost much.

We will be doing the accent wall with the glass tile but it is only $250 in tile so that's doable.

While at the store, I inquired again about materials to use for the coping on the spa, fire pit, and the accent wall and columns. Our PB is getting the cost of poured concrete that will be finished and stained but I was pretty sure it was a costly thing to do. (I asked him for the cost, he didn't recommend it to me). It was then I saw the silver travertine. I had avoided travertine bc I know it is expensive but holding it next to the ledger stone we are using for the spa and it looked great. The woman there who showed it to us said you can get bigger pieces (I think it was 12x24) and one side is bullnose and the other natural. So we wanted to know the cost of doing that snd put the bullnose towards the inside of the spa and leave the natural towards the outside. Then we could use it with natural on both sides for the fire pit and the wall and volumns.

I called the PB to inform him of the decisions and ask about the travertine and he said it would be way cheaper than the concrete so that settled that.

We also clarified about the automation as we thought automation meant we could control the bubblers, sheer decent, etc all individually with the remote. Apparently you have to get actuators for this. PB said he would get those at cost for us and hook them up at no extra charge.

He will be out later this week to put up the orange construction fence to keep crews off of the septic and away from my trees (the big oaks as erosion to the root area can kill them) and will finalize the date and time to dig (early next week).

It feels good to finalize the details and materials and know that it's all figured out and now it's just waiting for the build to get started and I can focus on that and not tge other things.

We also started demoing the stone wall on the back porch last night. Bitter sweet as we built it with my dad 9.5 years ago and he passed away this July. The wall had some memories for me but it has to be done.

Here are pics of the new waterline tile with the Lightstream and then also our spa and column stone and paver color.

Direct sunlight
16425999_10210705412298643_8322499159919945725_n.jpg

16602871_10210705413018661_7698107678131542297_n.jpg

16387412_10210705413618676_4353299943591103030_n.jpg

Indoors with stone and paver
16473415_10210705415058712_7763683062302701808_n.jpg

And the grout we are using for the tiles..delorean grey
16601709_10210711076960256_8406069478718079302_o.jpg

Excuse the mess but here is part of the demoed wall
16487553_10210711074600197_1717159322428565090_o.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.