Temperature

I went from 80 to 92 in 2 days now that we finally have the sun this state is known for. if you're serious about cooling, you can run the pump at night through solar panels if you have them, or make an evaporative cooler.

reebok said:
I went from 80 to 92 in 2 days now that we finally have the sun this state is known for. if you're serious about cooling, you can run the pump at night through solar panels if you have them, or make an evaporative cooler.

Finally had sun in NW Indiana today...water temp with the help of my solar panel went from 68 to 72 in just the afternoon. But more rain tomorrow, and then sun the rest of the week. Love that solar panel though...when the sunshines.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

We are older folk and quite frankly find our pool to be most comfortable once it's 90 degrees which, thank God, it finally is and will most likely stay 90 or above, Thank God well into September or, with luck, October.

LOL but that's our preference.

cubbybeave08 said:
Finally had sun in NW Indiana today...water temp with the help of my solar panel went from 68 to 72 in just the afternoon. But more rain tomorrow, and then sun the rest of the week. Love that solar panel though...when the sunshines.

You're not using your solar blanet are you? :whip:

My cover's been on, heater's been off, and my water is 78. :p :lol:

frustratedpoolmom said:
cubbybeave08 said:

You're not using your solar blanet are you? :whip:

My cover's been on, heater's been off, and my water is 78. :p :lol:

yeah I have been using it...but we haven't had much sun for the solar heater to acutally work...when I do have sun...it goes up 4 degrees, but the kids want to swim during the day and if I don't take the cover off they don't swim...so last week I had the cover on for 4 days two days it rained and one day was cloudy...Friday was sunny and warm, and Saturday I took cover off it was 74...Sunday it was 74 and yesterday it was 74...I don't want to keep putting it on and taking it off. It is a pain...You used your heater to get it up to 80+ degrees, but I can't heat if I ain't got sun...This week is perfect example...cloudy with rain but warm...WHat to do!...I made the decision that I didn't want the expense of running gas line 80 ft to the pool... :rant:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
frustratedpoolmom said:
My heater has been off since the end of May. :rant:

Stop Ranting at me... :cry: All I am saying is that having a heater got your pool up to the 80s...and then your cover held it there. My cover holds it when it is on... But I don't always have it on...that is my preference. I guarantee that when I get back from the lake I will be looking at hot water...I am leaving the cover on to keep Chlorine up, and Heat in...do you leave your pump on for a few hours each day while you are gone.

Run it 24/7. Too lazy to get a timer. remember I have a 2 speed.

If I lived closer I'd check on things for ya...

I shocked before I left to 16, left the cover on, pump on low and came home and FC was 8! :goodjob:

All I'm sayin is it better be 86 degrees on the 4th or IM NOT GETTIN IN! :rant: :mrgreen:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Run it 24/7. Too lazy to get a timer. remember I have a 2 speed.

If I lived closer I'd check on things for ya...

I shocked before I left to 16, left the cover on, pump on low and came home and FC was 8! :goodjob:

All I'm sayin is it better be 86 degrees on the 4th or IM NOT GETTIN IN! :rant: :mrgreen:

If I have to run water straight from the hot water heater...It'll be 86...But stop ranting...You're scaring me...
I'm gonna have Kristen come over a couple of times and empty skimmer basket...with cover on it should not pick up too much debris...I think I will run six hours on from 10 to 4 pm...this way I can keep solar heater on and pump heat into pool...It shuts off when pump shuts off, this way it does't reverse and cool at night. I planed on going up to atleast 14 and letting it fall from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.