crystal clear water

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I can't thank you guys enough,I don't think my pool ever looked this good. I hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that,with my luck it will look like a swamp tomorrow.

I do have a few questions,is 90 too high for cya with swg. and ch is around 300 w/fiberglass pool.

Also my local pool store sells liquid chlorine for $15 for 5 gallons,is this a good deal? One last thing is it safe to run my pump 12 hrs a day now instead of 24/7.

Thanks for everything,could not have done this without you and soo cheap compared to previous years.

Brian

ethany said:
I can't thank you guys enough,I don't think my pool ever looked this good. I hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that,with my luck it will look like a swamp tomorrow.

I do have a few questions,is 90 too high for cya with swg. and ch is around 300 w/fiberglass pool.
CYA of 90 should be fine. As far as CH it's probably OK but without a full set of test results it's hard to actually say.
Also my local pool store sells liquid chlorine for $15 for 5 gallons,is this a good deal?
What is the strength?
One last thing is it safe to run my pump 12 hrs a day now instead of 24/7.
You have a Duo Clear which is an undersized SWG combined with a Nature2 unit. The unit is only expected to maintain the FC at .5 ppm (which is where Zodiac says to maintain the FC in the United States) so it might or might not produce enough chlorine for your pool (with or without the Duo Clear mineral -- read copper sulfate and silver nitrate -- cartridge installed) at a lower pump run time. Only way to tell is to start cranking down your run time and checking where your FC is. What output percentage are you operating at now?
Thanks for everything,could not have done this without you and soo cheap compared to previous years.

Brian
For some info on the 'mineral cartidge' that is part of your Duo Clear:
alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html

would this be cost effective,since the swg only adds .5ppm chlorine,could I reduce the time the pump is running and add extra chlorine. I realize it defeats the purpose of a swg but since I already own one. Or how about running it at shock level all the time when pump is running?

The chlorine at the pool store is 10%.

I emailed zodiac about possibly the nature 2 is causing the metal stains in fiberglass pool and she replied it such a minute amount, it would not be possible.

$15 for 5 gal of 12.5% is good. My local place wants $16.60 for 4.

If you calculate ( price / ( ounces x percent ) ) you get the price per ounce of pure sodium hypochlorite, which is the "unit price" to use for comparing.

15 / ( 5 x 128 x .125 ) = $0.188 per oz hypochlorite at your shop
16.60 / ( 4 x 128 x .125 ) = $0.275 per oz at my place

There's no grocery-store bleach near me that can come close.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.