The Swamp vs. POP

hlemon

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2008
After a true battle of the titans, it appears that I am finally beating back the algae beast that I allowed to grow in my backyard! While brushing this morning at 6 a.m. and admiring the increased clarity in my water, I started thinking.

Pool Owner Patience isn't what I thought it was. As a newbie, I thought it meant that you remained calm and collected throughout the process and didn't let your desire for a refreshing little dip force you into dumping crazy unknown chemicals into your swamp.

Turns out, in my case anyway, that POP is about allowing the process to continue and allowing the bleach, etc. to work its magic even when you DON'T IMMEDIATELY SEE PROGRESS! For me, it wasn't that I HAD to swim...it was that the thought of throwing bottle after bottle in without (what I thought was without) any results made me a basket case. I would go out every morning, see no change, and panic that I had done something wrong. No, I was doing everything right, it just takes time to see some action.

Just thought this reflection might be helpful to someone trying to tame the algae beast for the first time. POP isn't about being excited to get swimming; its about believing in the process even when you can't see immediate results! :goodjob:

Just thought this reflection might be helpful to someone trying to tame the algae beast for the first time. POP isn't about being excited to get swimming; its about believing in the process even when you can't see immediate results!
Hlemon,

I really like your post. It is very difficult for anyone just learning pool water management on this forum because you do have to "keep the faith".

The processes and understanding that you learn here are certainly not mainstream and there will be many naysayers who will not take the trouble to listen to the methods we teach. The pool stores almost always seem to contradict what we do, at least in part, so that makes it even more challenging to go against their advice as well.

In the end, it is incredibly rewarding to everyone, newbie and special contributor alike. to "see" someone watch their pool transform as their knowledge of the pool transforms along with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.