Bonita Springs, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I will be installing a Goldline Sense & Dispense system and using a Stenner 5 gpd variable speed pump with a #1 tube. I am using a SWG with a Goldline PS-P8 controller. I have the following questions regarding this setup.

1. Is diluting the acid with water necessary or is it just to avoid fumes when opening the cap on the storage tank?

2. Can I inject acid just before the SWG cell to be able to clean the cell when injection is called for?

3. Do I set the variable speed control on the pump to #10 to get the full 5 gpd and then let the Goldline controller determine the correct amount to inject or should I use a lower number on the pump?

Thanx for your help...

I don't know about required, but some dilution of the acid is a really good idea. You don't want the PH getting too low in the plumbing after the acid is injected into the flow. Also, dealing with a tank of full strength acid can be hazardous.

Yes, you can inject acid before the SWG cell. It won't actually "clean" the cell, since it won't be nearly concentrated enough, but it will cut down on the chances of scaling just a little.

The controller is designed to be used with a 4 to 1 dilution and a 5 gpd pump. If you use more concentrated acid you should run the pump at a slower speed.

Note also that Hayward recommends only having 1 gallon actually in the tank for every 15,000 gallons in the pool. Using stronger acid would reduce the amount that should be in the tank. Limiting the amount of acid actually in the tank prevents malfunctions of the sensor from driving the PH in the pool dangerously low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.