Question on liner wrinkles. Beam gap.

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
Our first ABG pool and we had it installed, mostly due to the amount of ground needed to be removed, etc. Anyway, are wrinkles on the bottom acceptable? If so, how many (hard to answer I know)?

18' x 52" round pool

The installer did push out wrinkles and used the vacuum, etc., but left when the pool was hardly filled. Now I see a couple issues:

The wrinkles on the bottom.

And, the skimmer is on the same wall portion as the seam (bad design by manufacturuer). So the skimmer was sagging (pushing wall in) up until the pool was almost filled. However, the seam of the wall is not making full contact with the support beam. I was able to fit all fingers laying flat between the beam and the wall. Now I can slip only my pinky up to the first knuckle. Is this a problem?

Installer is returnign today to address pump fitting leaks, etc. so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

as far as the wrinkles... i've had plenty of wrinkles on the bottom of mine since we put it up 4 years ago and have had no problems. i was told that the liner might wear out faster where the wrinkles are, and maybe i should try to smooth it out. but in order to do so, i'd have to drain the pool, so i'm not too worried about it.

the beam gap problem should fix itself when the pool is fully filled. the weight of the water pushing against the wall should take care of it, i would think.

Thanks, but the pool is filled an the gap, though smaller, is still present.

Also, I hear you about the wrinkles. However, we installed a 15 foot pool for a friend and we had only one small wrinkle.

The main reason I hired these guys was due to the amount of dirt that needed to be removed for install and the 7 tons of stone we wanted to surround the pool.

Having paid "professionals" to install the pool, should I not insist that the wrinkles be removed.

Agreed.

We installed a pool for my friend about a month ago. It went well, except they sent us the wrong liner clips. We use a Dewalt cordless remote laser level. Unbelievably accurate. a week after we installed the pool, his brother-in-law was installing a deck and rechecked the pool for level. Within an 1/8". I actually used a string level to check mine after install, before filling, and it was 1/8" as well.

I setn you a PM regarding your equipment. Ours is almost identical and was just curious how you're liking it.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.