1st time pool owner

So, new pump is finally installed. Also ended up installing a new handle/diverter thingy on the top of the filter. Long story short, pump is pumping but sucking air from somewhere. Can see it blowing a steady stream of tiny bubbles. It also loses prime almost immediately when turned off. How do I go about trouble shooting this? Is it the pump? Is it the pipe coming into the pump? What's next?

Thanks for the link. That helped me quickly identify the basket lid as the problem. Now the question is, do I go through the trouble of undoing this pump to send it back or should I try getting a new strainer lid/o-ring? I got the pump from Amazon sold as a used pump (description said packaging damage) but it was sold as a Prime item so the return shouldn't be a problem. It also looked 100% brand new when I took it out of the box.

LOL on auto correct...........I think it should read "I LINED it with..." I take my o-ring all the way out and put the lube all over it. VERY messy so I wear old clothes and have several paper towels ready to wipe my fingers/hands on. OH and make sure I do it away from any "helpful" kitties :roll: LOL

Well then if the o-rings has lube on it I think it might be time to do an exchange :( I did not want to say that.

Kim:kim: