Cloudy water in pump

May 21, 2009
When I checked my filter basket today (after the pump had been off for about 15 minutes) the water in the pump was a cloudy grey. The water in the pool is totally clear and my testing indicates that FC is at normal levels (11.5, CC is 0.5 and CYA is 90). Both the filter basket and skimmer basket had a good amount of leaves in them so I cleaned them out and then turned the pump back on. Pressure was good and everything seemed fine. After letting the pump run for about 5 minutes I checked again and the cloudy water was gone. Is the cloudy water something that I should worry about or I am just being paranoid?

I'm aware of the TA/pH issue and I'm working on it slowly due to several factors outside of my control. Could the TA and pH have caused the cloudy water in the pump and is it something to be concerned about?

My guess is you have some backflow through the filter carrying a little DE into the pump. Any air in the filter while it's running?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.