Pet swimming

GaryT58

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 26, 2016
Monroe, GA
Curious how many have pets that enjoy their pools. I have a 9 y/o male lab mix. He love water in general, and will run up to the poo edge, but to get him in, I have to carry him, which is fun since he weighs 75 lbs.

I got one of these dog ramps to make it easier to get in/out of pool and to be able to lounge in the water, but he wouldn't use it.

thumb

I just got a new female lab-mix puppy, which was my present from my wife in return for finally getting a pool built. Figure its an even trade :grin:. Her big brother is still not sure what to make of her yet (got her 3 days ago). Will get her swimming once we open the pool up in spring. Hoping she will get her brother to come in too.

My lab would LOVE for us to let him in the pool but getting him out is WAY too much work! See he is mixed with MASTIFF!!!! We let him in one time but the getting him out way too hard. He does have his own pond he can swim in so he does not do without LOL

Do you put skimmers socks on your skimmer basket? If not you might want to think about it. It really helps keep the dog hair out of the filter. Lots of people use these:

Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag: Science Lab Hairnets: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific

For your male you can do baby steps to get him to use that neat ramp. Hot dog pieces???? Super yumm that my dog will do just about anything to get!

Kim:kim:

Thanks - I will order those hair nets. I tried using knee-highs, but they aren't baggy enough, so didn't handle the long pine needles from my trees well. These look much better. Yes, my spoiled dog loves hot dog pieces. Haven't tried those to persuade him. Getting mine out is not an issue, he practically runs up the steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.