pH test kits that remove Cl?

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
In dealing with my ongoing trials in testing pH and Cl with 'color vials' provided in TF kit, I came across something I don't understand. I have a test kit similar to the TF for testing pH and Cl that came with our pool. It all looks the same, however in the 'pool' kit, before you add the reagent to change the color to indicate the pH level, you first add another reagent that says it's designed to 'remove' Cl first before testing. Yet the TF kit skips that step. Is the removal or not of the Cl important in testing pH?

Removing chlorine is important for doing the PH test. The Taylor PH reagent, included in the TF100, already includes an much more effective chlorine removal chemical than the ones that come in the kits where you need to add it separately.

Ok, that makes sense, Jasonlion..that the Cl remover is already included in the TF kit whereas it comes separate in the kit that comes standard with the pool when we bought it (pool). And yes, I understand what you mean, duraleigh, about the comparison...but I guess in my feeble mind..it does in a sense 'change' color...it goes from clear to some other color...whether it be orangish or red... I know, not very scientific! Thanks to you both!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.