Issue Logging In

Some security updates are being done. I'm having the same issue. Can you post what browser and device you are using to connect to help with troubleshooting?

Last weekend Trouble Free Pool updated it's site to start using modern SSL encryption to protect information that TFP does store such as UserNames and Passwords. This was in response to Google and Apple announcing that as of January 1st they will start treating websites that don't use this encryption as "unsecured" in various ways. In addition this update will allow TFP to accept additional forms of donations in the future like ApplePay or Android Pay IF we decide to take this route in the future. Part of this update was the creation of redirects across the website from the old HTTP pages to the newer HTTPS pages that utilize this security. Unfortunately something in one of these redirects isn't working just as it should.

One thing you can do to help avoid the redirect error is to update any of your bookmarks to the new HTTPS pages. For example, if your old bookmark was to www.troublefreepool.com/forum.php update it to https://www.troublefreepool.com/forum.php. This will avoid any redirects on the site at that time. For now I've also whitelisted the URL you've entered so that should help you avoid the redirect error you were seeing until I can find the redirect issue. The issue of the passwords is also due to this update. Somewhere there's an issue (likely the same spot) that's logging users off after a period of time where as before they would remain logged in as long as the "remember me" box was checked. I'm working to recreate this error on my end so I can start to address this issue somehow. Sharing your browser and operating system will help us find this issue.

Talked to the host plus looked around some today trying to figure this out. Hopefully we've made some changes to address this. Let me know if you either see the error page or if you have any issues with the passwords logging you out.

I had a terrible time trying to log in just now. After 20 minutes of trying login with my password, I did a password reset and the "I'm not a bot" thing. I was able to log in with the temp password, changed it, then logged out to see if I could log back in. But, even though my username and password were correct, I was sent back to the 'you're at 4 out of 5 login attempts. Prove your not a bot' screen again. I entered my username, password, and the bot info and got right in. Logging out and trying again, I had the same problem. The third time I tried this, I clicked "remember me" and it said I had entered something wrong. The forth time I tried, I didn't click that and got in again.

I'm running Windows 10, the latest version of Chrome, and didn't access the site through a bookmark.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.