Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swg vs power ionizer

1. Back To Top    #1

swg vs power ionizer

power ionizer vs swg which one in the long run is better and cheaper looking to get away from traditional pool care 25000 gal vinyl liner grecian
    12,500 IG Concrete Pebble Surface
    1 HP pump with cartridge Filter - Electric Heater
    4 Jets - Main Drain
    SW Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: swg vs power ionizer

From what I have read,an ionizer,by it's self will not sanitize your water. So I would suggest the SWG. Welcome to the forum! Please take the time to read "Pool School". There is lots of good info to be had!
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

Read this article for some reasons why ionizers are bad.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

8) definitely SWG
    Hello all from the land of smiles. Thailand. 5mx9mx1.5 63000L 16300 gall, pebbletex,
    pentair 1hp whisperflow, tagelus TA60 SF, swg monarch esc24 {a bit small for the tropics} 3 returns, 1 skimmer, 2 astral 100watt lights. Planned and built by me
    an AUSSIE expat living thailand for 18 years.

6. Back To Top    #6

Copper and silver are not primary sanitizers. You still need to use chlorine with them. Also, if you like stains in your pool and green hair then by all means use an ionizer! Copper makes hair green, period!