Who to believe

Jun 10, 2009
First test with TF100 CH 400 - as a double check had pool place test water they said I need to add 10 pounds of calcium?

Here are the details:

17K gal
DE filter
AG
MY RESULTS:
FC 27
CC 0
TC 27
pH 7.2
T/A 200
CH 400
CYA 85

I shocked pool yesterday.

Did the pool store actually tell you what their result was for their test?

If I were you, I would test it myself one more time and if it still read that high, take a sample to another pool store for testing.

Have you been getting calcium scaling or build up anywhere?

above ground means vinyl so your problem with high ch would be scaling. but your ph is on the low end so I doubt you're having that problem. you don't have a salt water generator do you?
p.s. believe your results. my ch is 625 but the pool stores always tell me it's 400.

First off, welcome to TFP!

For sure with the high CH you do not want to add more calcium which is what the pool store said to do -- at least if you CH reading is correct. 10 pounds of calcium hardness increaser would raise the CH by 48 to 64 ppm depending on the type of calcium chloride that is used. It sounds like they think your CH is somewhere around 250 and are thinking it should be 300, but that's just a guess on my part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.