Jandy SHPM 20 Pump Not starting

lcchan

Dec 15, 2015
Montverde/Florida
The Jandy SHPM20 filter pump for my Florida pool would not turn on this morning. I opened up the capacitor cover, detached the capacitor and found no voltage across the terminal wires. I suspect that the 10-year old motor is bad and has to be replaced. I would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

There won't be any voltage across the capacitor terminals unless the pump was turned on (power going to the motor). Was it turned on?

If you are trying to test for voltage, the best place is the terminal block in back of the pump motor.

Do you here a hum when the pump is suppose to turn on?

The job is not yet done, however. I mistakenly took out the four (4) long screws in the back of the motor. Now I cannot put them back in. Is there an easy way to put them back in without having to detaching the motor from the pump housing ? My motor is made by A.O.Smith, There is no part number on the label. But I was going to replace it with the A.O.Smith B855.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.