Mineral Purifier Help

So I've had my pool about a year now and when I did the in person pool school through my local Leslie's, I asked about this small grey piece on my equipment pad. He told me I didn't need to worry about it. I got to looking at it today, and it says it is a mineral purifier. The thing is empty right now, but I have been trying to find a replacement cartridge for it, thinking maybe it could help me keep my pool cleaner. However, I'm not really sure how it works or what it does. If it is something that would be useful in helping keep my pool clean and my costs down, I would love to purchase a replacement cartridge. Only problem is, the serial number is completely rubbed off the sticker on the side of it. So, I'm wondering if someone can tell me what it does, if it's useful, and if so, where I can find a replacement cartridge for it? All I can seem to find are the vessels, and I just need the cartridge. Thank you!IMG_4111.JPG.jpg

There are multiple, multiple threads on here as to why we DON'T recommend the use of Nature 2. It can cause more problems than it can potentially solve. Save your money and just don't feed the beast. Welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell, the nature2 has a couple of disadvantages as compared to TFP method sanitizing. Just to say, if the water is properly sanitized, it will be clear - crystal clear.

If the water isn't clear then that means there is most likely something living in the water. Or you don't filter long enough and it's just suspended dirt.

The nature 2 is pricey. The mineral is "copper" which is introduced into the water. Copper can stain plaster and turn blonde hair green given the right circumstances. Simply maintaining your FC level as per TFP recommendation will completely eliminate the need for either an algaecide and the green hair and plaster staining. Copper is used in the pool industry in lots of algaecides which are intended to help prevent algae.

As for assisting with crystal clear water, or helping to eliminate suspended dirt particles, the nature2 doesn't help with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.