Anyone dump their Robot?

When I bought my house I inherited an old Aquabot Turbo. It worked fairly well. But, it spent too much time on the rim, would get stuck on the steps, and twice got caught on the main drain.

I repaired the power supply twice.
I repared the main unit 3 times.

This year, the side wall broke when it ate its cord on the steps.

I did a number of days of online research, found a few forums where people talk about their pool cleaners about as much as this place does about BBB.

After much consideration and discussion with the wife, we decided to go with an Aquabot Turbo T2.
I am very happy with it.

It spends more time cleaning the floor and the walls than the old one.
It gets itself unstuck.
I can set it to run for just 3 hours.

I just throw it in, do other stuff, come back and take it out and clean the bag.

My pool is not perfectly rectangular, it has a 9' deep end with a hurricane cover over the main drain.
Sometimes the bot has gulped enough air when it comes up a wall that it gets stuck on the surface -- has happened three times. Oh well.
I still have to brush some, the steps, the ledge, some curves.
I even added the suction extenders on the bottom, which lowers its underside clearance.

I get a lot of debri in the pool on a regular basis, and my plumbing won't really allow a pressure driven cleaner.
For me, my 'bot helps make my pool "Trouble Free".

The bag is much easier to clean than the Dolphin.
Blue Diamond is apparently an offshoot (son of the founder of Aquabot who was originally an engineer at Dolphin).

But, for some pools, it seems a remote control is necessary to insure full coverage. But, that's still better than extra plumbing, tubes, backwashing, cleaning the skimmer basket, etc. with non-robotic methods.
This is not a cheap solution, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.