Owners of a PRJ: How do YOU remove your cleaner.....

May 5, 2009
NC
from the pool? I just received my Pool Rover Jr from Doheny's. I was reading the instruction manual and it says to gently pull the cleaner toward you using the floating cable and once it's within reach, remove it using the handle only. Well I don't have octopus arms so there's no way I can reach that far down into the water. Do you actually get in the pool to take it out or pull on the cable enough to pull the cleaner almost to the surface? I don't want to damage the cable by pulling too much. Just wondering how you all have been doing it? Thanks! :-D

I have the Plus, not the Junior. But yes, you use the cable to pull it to the surface. As long as Rover is underwater, you aren't putting much stress on the cable (it is pretty robust anyway).

What I do is reach across the Rover to the handle furthest away from me, the tip it over resting on the pool lip (don't pinch the cable) and let all of the water drain out of the Rover while it is mostly upside down. That way, the water runs through the filter bag on its way back to the pool, not the open ports at the bottom.

I tied a rope from one handle to the other - the rope floats and I grab the rope. That thing is HEAVY so it helps me out to have that extra to give a yank and pull it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.