Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sonic Search Toy

1. Back To Top    #1

Sonic Search Toy

Has anybody tried these? (or something similar?)

http://pooltoy.com/sonicsearch.html
    11k gal IG, fiberglass, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sonic Search Toy

Complete bust with my kids - they find it visually in seconds instead of listening for it. It's barely audible.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the heads up! As a new pool owner with no toys yet... Anything your kids absolutely love???
    11k gal IG, fiberglass, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

We have one of those. The younger kids like it. (6 yr old and a 5 yr old friend)
    The novelty for the 10 yr old wore off pretty quickly.

It's supposed to be able to be set to hover at different depths, but I could only manage sink slowly or sink fast.
    In-Ground. White Marbelite plaster. 21'-7" x 38' Figure Eightish Custom diving pool with 9' deep end. 24,750 Gallons. Pentair Challenger 2 hp pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus CCP420 Cartridge Filter, Paramount PCC-2000 In Floor Cleaning system with Debris Canister. Pool/House was a foreclosure that sat dormant for at least 2 years, and was an actual swamp. Using BBB and POP I made it a sparkling backyard oasis. I have a TF100 kit, and I know how to use it (mostly!). This is my FIRST REAL pool, but thanks to TFP, I know what I'm doing! (mostly!).

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper
    Thanks for the heads up! As a new pool owner with no toys yet... Anything your kids absolutely love???
    Toypedos are a big hit with our kids and diving sticks / rings etc. The pool-side basketball goal got a ton of use until it broke in half from too many dunks... guess that's what we get for buying the $50 Swimways goal instead of spending more for a good one!
    ----------------------
    20,500 gal gunite pool w/ PebbleTec and infloor cleaning system.
    Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter.
    Houston, TX

6. Back To Top    #6

My daughter and I bought one and it lasted for only a couple of days. Even when working we thought it was just ok.....
    15,000 gallon in ground plaster with hot tub. Chlorine Pool with Ozinator. 2 Skimmers
    SmartFilter 450/550 4 cartridge filter.
    2.5 HP Emmerson Main pump
    Hayward Super Pump II 3/4 HP pump for water feature.
    Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner (LOVE IT!)
    3/4 Hayward Super Pump II 3/4 booster pump for Hayward Phantom cleaner (no longer used)