New OB Peoria AZ

Your diving board jig doenst look like it is out of the concrete enough. Did you get a paver jig?
Thickness of the paver plus about an inch. It should sit ontop of the decking material.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hard to see in the pics, but those bay windows look closer then 5' horizontal to the pool waters edge.

I appreciate the feedback. Yes, they are out of the concrete enough. They are 2 1/4" out of the concrete which gives me room for the 1" pavers and some adjustment room. It was the jig that came with the diving board.

The windows are 8' 6" from the water's edge.

Pictures can be deceiving. :)

Your diving board jig doenst look like it is out of the concrete enough. Did you get a paver jig?
Thickness of the paver plus about an inch. It should sit ontop of the decking material.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hard to see in the pics, but those bay windows look closer then 5' horizontal to the pool waters edge.

I appreciate the feedback. Yes, they are out of the concrete enough. They are 2 1/4" out of the concrete which gives me room for the 1" pavers and some adjustment room. It was the jig that came with the diving board.

Oh so true about the pictures...................it is best to check because you KNOW that one time we do not check is THE time it will be needed :roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

Travertine pavers are 1 1/4", plus they are going to mud up the bullnose around the pool to level.
Hope it works out for you.
For others watching, they sell a paver jig that has longer bolts.

The bolts are about 4-5 inches on the jig I have. I set it at that depth on purpose. I appreciate the feed back but I'm capable of making measurements which will fit the base I have + the pavers + the mud while leveling it with the coping. There is more than enough room left over for me to set the base.

The bolts are about 4-5 inches on the jig I have. I set it at that depth on purpose. I appreciate the feed back but I'm capable of making measurements which will fit the base I have + the pavers + the mud while leveling it with the coping. There is more than enough room left over for me to set the base.
Your taking my comments personally, I am not attacking you. I was giving info as other people read this that may be wanting to install a board with pavers. I have installed MANY diving boards, and have lots of experience in this. If you are using pavers they sell jigs with longer bolts. This allows you to get them deeper in the concrete, and with more thread exposed. It is always better to err on the long side and grind off the tops after install. The standard jigs are made for concrete deck install. So to make them work with a paver you have to make them shallower in the concrete. Which at min would mean you would need to add steel to the jig for a better, deeper contact. Diving boards create a lot of torsion, and the last thing you want is one to fail. I am done with this subject. Thank you.

By the time you add the pavers and the thickness of the base, I suspect that you're not going to have enough thread to use a washer and lock washer and still get full engagement of the nut.

Pavers:.......1.25"
Base:..........0.50"
Hardware...1.25"

Estimates. Base might be 3/8" and hardware might only need 1". Even if the pavers are only 1", you're not going to get full engagement of the nut. Maybe if you leave off the lock washer. You would also need extra thin thinset to get the paver flush to the concrete.

So after a long process of an owner build, I figured I'd close this thread out with some simi-final pictures. The turf was still being put down, still have to align the lights, have to program the actuators, put in the grill area, etc... Overall shows the final project. I was planning on documenting a lot more but didn't want to deal with negative comments. I put in the fence myself and built a 11 ft gate super cheap, I put in misters and ran off my sprinkler system super cheap and works great (kits are a rip off), I redid my irrigation front and back and reduced number of needed valves, I put in landscape lighting, the Marbella stone is AWESOME, I put in the slide and diving board (without issue), and also I put in a shower insert on the side of the house to wash off and change after getting out of the pool. The rest was contracted out. I did what I could to save on budget and I'm in Info Tech for a day job so not exactly a pro at any of it. Overall a lot of work but worth it. I was able to spend the left over money doing the build myself on extras to make the summers in AZ more bearable.

Can't see the mist too great but puts out a lot of volume.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You did it! It looks awesome!!! I would LOVE to see a pic of the waterfall running! Your little cannonballer is SO cute! I bet he has been in every day!

LOVE the glass fire rocks and tile BLING! :sun:

:hug: thanks for sharing!

Kim:kim:

Your pool came out very nice! I'm with Kim I would love to see that waterfall running since it's very unique.
I would also love to here more details about the stone ( is it hot, how many sqft, is price online with travertine, etc) I just chose travertine on my pool and I really like the look of yours.
I would also like to hear more details about the misters seeing as I'm in Vegas and this may be something I would highly consider.
Also I'm going with stonescapes and I see you choose aqua blue and would love to get your thoughts on the water color at different times of day. I think your color is beautiful and I noticed you also added beads. Did you do mini pebble, and what color beads did you add, is the water ever green? So many questions I have lol but I do appreciate you coming back and posting cause it's very helpful to myself and future OB
Again great project and congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your pool came out very nice! I'm with Kim I would love to see that waterfall running since it's very unique.
I would also love to here more details about the stone ( is it hot, how many sqft, is price online with travertine, etc) I just chose travertine on my pool and I really like the look of yours.
I would also like to hear more details about the misters seeing as I'm in Vegas and this may be something I would highly consider.
Also I'm going with stonescapes and I see you choose aqua blue and would love to get your thoughts on the water color at different times of day. I think your color is beautiful and I noticed you also added beads. Did you do mini pebble, and what color beads did you add, is the water ever green?

The Marbella hasn't been hot at all. It got up to 106 so far and it was warm to the touch, not even close to hot. I have silver travertine tile around the waterfall and backing for the seating at the fireplace and it's significantly hotter than the Marbella. I'm not sure if pavers are the same temperature as the tile however the Marbella is just amazing. When it's in the 90s it is actually cool to the touch. The only draw back is it is more brittle than other pavers but I haven't had an issue yet, just harder to install. It was $4.50/sq ft, I didn't cost out Marbella pavers. Coping was $13/ sq ft (24"x12"). 940 total on pavers and 83 on coping. I'm also using some of it for my grill area for the bar and walking paths I haven't finished yet. I also really like travertine but I'm absolutely ecstatic with the Marbella and one of the best choices I've made for the back yard period. :D

I didn't want to run a hose for the misters, so I tapped in to the water supply going to the irrigation right before the sprinkler valves with a threaded T coupler (just on the T part). I screwed in an adapter for a 1/2" poly line and ran that to my back yard by my 11' long entry gate. from there I did a conversion to PVC so I'd have stability, added a shut off valve, added a hose bib adapter to put in a water cleaner adapter, and then used a screw on adapter to switch to 1/4" line. I bought "1/4" Slip-Loc Misting Nozzle Tees" (10 pk) off amazon and they have "Farmunion 20pcs Brass Misting Nozzles" for ~$8. Measure, cut, push in, repeat. Tees come with an end pug. Really simple. I wanted to paint everything first, but ran out of time before the turf guys were coming so I still have some clean up work to do. There may be a better way to do this, I just drew it and went and got what parts I could from HD and got it done. I can still control the main water line to all irrigation while having constant water to the patio and adjusting it there. I placed the nozzles every 18". I didn't run PVC the whole way because the ground here is extremely hard and the poly was easier to work with. Had I been back in CO, I would have used PVC. The fans help move the mist around really well. Here are some pics:

I did do mini pebble. Not one issue with my two boys so far (6 & 9). The glass is a mix of dark blue, light turquoise blue, and opal. It was a mix the guy had with him when they came to do the job. I like it and the different colors of glass reflect differently. I wasn't to thrilled with the dark blue but turned out well. The opal has the most reflection. The color in the pics above are darker than what it is on a sunny day. It's a lighter shade of blue transitioning to a slightly deeper blue in the deep end. It's never green (I didn't want green, not my style). I was going to add shells but there has been a lot of debate around the protein going out after a couple of years and then you're left with black specks. Some say yes, others say they've never had a problem. I didn't want to chance it but really wanted to throw them in. These pictures below appear a tad darker on my computer but that's going to vary. They're pretty close though. On a cloudy day it's obviously going to be darker. With the white night light on it's a very nice light blue color. Overall real happy with the choice. Took these at 10 am this morning. It's breezy and pump running.

Good luck Big Will.

Thanks for all the info it's very helpful. My wife doesn't want green water so your info on your pebble is very helpful. I'm definitely considering aqua blue
Thanks for taking the time to respond and post extra pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some additional pics I took today to show the color difference. I was gone most of the afternoon but really I don't start to get shade in my back yard till after 2, so it's the same as above. I still thin the pics at a bit darker, but very close.

4PM

5:30

6PM - at this point it was time to go in but wanted to show you a full view

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.